BCSA is the national organisation for the steel construction industry. There are three categories of membership:
Steelwork Contractor Members undertake the design, fabrication and erection of steelwork for all forms of construction in building and civil engineering.
Industry Members are those principal companies involved in the direct supply to all or some Members of components, materials or products.
Corporate Members are clients, main contractors, professional offices etc which support the development of national specifications, certification, fabrication and erection techniques, overall industry efficiency and good practice.
The principal objectives of the Association are to promote the use of structural steelwork; to assist specifiers and clients; to ensure that the capabilities and activities of the industry are widely understood and to provide members with professional services in technical, commercial, contractual, certification and health & safety matters. The Association’s aim is to influence the trading environment in which member companies have to operate in order to improve their profitability.
The Association is a focal point at local, national and international level for the steel construction industry, acting as its representative body and central management services organisation.
On behalf of its members, BCSA:
- Promotes the interests of the industry and the use of steel in construction
- Provides members with professional advice
- Provides members with opportunities to meet and discuss matters of common interest
- Promotes the capabilities and expertise of the industry to specifiers, clients, contractors, educational establishments and the press
- Helps specifiers and clients achieve cost-effective solutions through technical excellence
- Organises seminars and courses
- Publishes technical publications
- Represents members’ interests to government, local government, public bodies and professional institutions
For details on membership, please contact Gillian.Mitchell@SteelConstruction.org