Steel Construction Building Information Modelling (BIM) Charter
The Steel Construction Building Information Modelling (BIM) Charter has been set up to enable companies to be certified against the requirements of both PAS91-2013 and PAS 1192-2:2013 outlined below.
Compliance with PAS91-2013 section 4.2 table 8, and specifically that:
- The company has the capability of working within a project using a ‘Common Data Environment’ as described in PAS 1192:2:2013.
- The company has a documented policy, systems and procedures to achieve ‘Level 2 BIM’ maturity as defined by PAS 1192:2:2013.
- The company has the capability of developing and delivering or working to (depending upon the role(s)) a BIM Execution Plan (BEP) as described in PAS 1192:2:2013.
- The company has arrangements for training employees in BIM related skills and assessment of their capabilities.
Compliance with the supply chain assessment requirements outlined in PAS 1192-2:2013 and specifically defined in sections:
- 6.4 Supplier BIM assessment form
- 6.5 Supplier information technology (IT) assessment form
- 6.6 Supplier resource assessment form
Certified companies are provided with a comprehensive document summarising the company’s BIM capability which can then be provided to the supply chain.
The certification process requires companies to carry out an online assessment which is then followed up by an onsite audit.