These terms and conditions help to keep the www.steelconstruction.org web-site a safe place to trade and set out the full extent of any agreement reached between you and BCSA in connection with this site. You should understand that by placing an order, you accept the following terms and conditions:
1. The owner of this web-site is The British Constructional Steelwork Association Limited [hereafter known as BCSA], 4 Whitehall Court, Westminster, London, SW1A 2ES. Company registration number 2457906.
2. You agree that e-mail can be used as a means of communication.
3. No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and BCSA unless and until BCSA accepts your order by way of an e-mail confirming it. That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time BCSA sends the e-mail to you (whether or not you receive that e-mail). This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by BCSA of your offer to buy goods from www.steelconstruction.org.
4. This confirmatory e-mail will contain all relevant information concerning your order.
5. The confirmatory e-mail will also contain a link to these terms and conditions, and may be amended in accordance with paragraph 30 below from time to time.
6. You must check that the details on this confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
7. BCSA will not pass on your personal details to any third party unless you explicitly give your consent to this when registering your details.
8. You undertake that all details you provide to BCSA for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered. No credit card details are stored on our web-site.
9. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform BCSA as soon as possible.
10. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being processed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post or by telephoning 020 7839 8566 during normal office hours (09.00 am – 5.00 pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays).
11. This Liability section applies only to the extent permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt, BCSA does not exclude or limit any liability for (a) personal injury (including sickness and death) where such injury results from BCSA’s negligence or wilful default, or that of BCSA’s employees, agents or subcontractors or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation.
12. BCSA does not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
13. BCSA will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
14. To the fullest extent permitted by law, BCSA is providing this web-site and its contents on an “as is” basis and makes no (and expressly disclaims all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this web-site or the information, content, materials or products included in this site including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In addition, BCSA does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this web-site is accurate, complete or current.
15. In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form, BCSA shall, at its own option, make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question provided that you notify BCSA of the problem. Nothing in this clause affects your statutory rights.
16. BCSA does not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the BCSA web-site or for any products or services purchased from BCSA.
17. BCSA will only be liable for direct loss up to a maximum total of the price of the product or service purchased in respect of any claim.
Processing of orders
18. Credit and Debit cards are debited at the time of dispatch. All prices include sales taxes (where applicable) unless otherwise stated. No credit card details are stored on our web-site.
19. Every purchase you make shall be deemed performed in the United Kingdom. United Kingdom law shall govern every aspect of contractual agreement concerning purchases made from this web-site.
20. BCSA aims to arrange shipment of all in stock items within 48 hours of your order being received. Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock. Some items may be unavailable and the current stock status is approximate. BCSA can only supply approximate dates our suppliers may get an item in stock.
21. You can keep track of your order status yourself on-line with the order tracking facility on your account page. Our standard Returns Policy applies to all purchases from BCSA.
22. The period stated within which you will receive your order is approximate. Goods will be sent, via Royal Mail, to the address given by you in your order and stated in the Order Confirmation. Please note that your goods may be sent to you in instalments.
23. Title to any product ordered will pass to you once BCSA has received payment in full for that product.
24. If your delivery address is outside of the United Kingdom you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country; BCSA advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.
25. Please note that when shipping products internationally you should be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
26. It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. BCSA tracks the electronic ‘fingerprints’ of every order placed on BCSA to enable us and all legitimate crime prevention and prosecution authorities to trace individual users engaging in criminal activities on our web-site.
27. BCSA may amend these terms and conditions from time to time, and place the new version on the web-site. When BCSA does so, BCSA will mention the fact on its home page (www.steelconstruction.org). All purchases from the date that the amended terms are placed on our web-site onwards will be governed by those new terms.
28. These terms and conditions shall apply when BCSA accepts your order by e-mail confirming that it has been received. They shall supersede any and all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations) relating to your purchase, whether oral or in writing, and contain the entire agreement between BCSA and you relating to your purchase. BCSA advises that you print off and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions once your order has been accepted by BCSA.
29. You are advised to read (and are responsible for reading) all information on this web-site fully. If any of these terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable, those terms will be struck out and the other terms remain.
30. These terms and conditions are subject to the laws and exclusive jurisdiction of the United Kingdom.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and secondly, to provide you with the best possible service.
We do not sell mailing lists to other companies, or divulge any of your personal details to other companies or individuals.
We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us. We do not disclose customers’ information to any third parties.
We do not store credit card details on our web-site.
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
* your name
* phone number
* email address
* credit/debit card details
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
The information we hold will be accurate and up-to-date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
We will not transfer your information outside the EU (European Union).
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should e-mail us: email@example.com
If you’re not happy with your purchase you can return it for an exchange or refund within 30 days. Please allow up to 7 days from the day that you return your package for us to process your exchange or refund.
If you have any queries you can contact us on 020 7839 8566 between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm Monday to Friday or email firstname.lastname@example.org.